Galvanized Rebar Offers Increased Protection
Galvanized rebar is damage-resistant and UV stable, so it does not require special handling precautions at the job site. The galvanizing process provides cathodic protection as well, making the steel impermeable. The zinc in the steel keeps any exposed sections from allowing corrosion to spread, keeping any damage small and localized.
Galvanized rebar offers unique benefits for construction projects, including:
- Superior corrosion protection
- Exceptional bond strength
- Cathodic protection
- Abrasion and damage-resistance
Applications for Galvanized Rebar
The tightly-bonded, impervious nature of zinc makes galvanized rebar a great option for many applications. With it’s superior strength and corrosion protection, galvanized rebar is a trusted, long-term solution throughout the construction industry.
We supply galvanized rebar for applications such as:
- Bridge decks, pavements and crash barriers
- Coastal bridges and highway structures
- Tunnels, water storage tanks and treatment facilities
- Docks and offshore platforms
- Water and sewer treatment plants
- Processing facilities and chemical plants
Select High-Quality Galvanized Rebar from Whitacre Rebar
We supply all of your reinforcing steel needs, from specialty coatings to custom fabrication. Our galvanization process seals steel rebar from corrosive attacks and potential damage, giving you a superior, high-strength product.
Contact us to get started with your project. We’ll answer all of your questions and provide a quote for galvanized rebar.